Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Doll Shop  Hop To Forums  Doll Shop Topics    Default Seam Allowance
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Default Seam Allowance
 Login/Join

posted
I purchased Doll Shop about a year ago. I have to admit, I wasn't having much luck with it, but I've finally found the time to just play with it, and I'm slowly beginning to understand what different adjustments mean and how they change the look and fit of the garments. It's been fun and I'm having a great time making doll clothes!

I have a question about the default seam allowance of 3/16 inch. I would like it to be 1.4 inch. I have to change it every time I load a pattern, even though I saved it with the 1/4 inch allowance. Is there a way to change that default so that I don't have to manually change it each and every time I draft a new pattern or load an old one?

Thanks!

Karen

Posts: 63 | Registered: 18 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I purchased Doll Shop about a year ago.

I have a question about the default seam allowance of 3/16 inch. I would like it to be 1.4 inch. I have to change it every time I load a pattern, even though I saved it with the 1/4 inch allowance. Is there a way to change that default so that I don't have to manually change it each and every time I draft a new pattern or load an old one?

That feature (having the seam allowance change to doll sized when you load a pattern) was put in there to allow a pattern to be shared between a child and her doll (or an adult and HER doll). But, in this case, it is clearly defeating your preference. The seam allowance should only be changed if it is at an adult default level.

We'll try to get that corrected. In the meantime, here is a patch file that forces doll seam allowances to 1/4" rather than the current 3/16". Hope that helps till we get a better fix done. Thank you for pointing out the problem there....

http://www.livingsoftnw.com/builds/DollSeam.exe

BTW, this is a self-extracting zip file that will install to the default Dress Shop / Doll Shop folder location when you run it after downloading. If you have Doll Shop installed in any other folder, be sure to change the "Unzip to" folder when you run this patch.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you! It worked great.

Karen

Posts: 63 | Registered: 18 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I clicked on the link and got a "page not found error" Is this patch still available?

Posts: 17 | Registered: 29 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe the patch was included in the last free DS update
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the most recent update (ds7_update.exe). I also have the IE7 update to fix the small screen problem. I open the pattern, change the seam allowance and then hit "redraft". when I open the pattern again, the seam allowance is back to 3/16. Is there somewhere else I should be changing the seam allowance to 1/4?

Posts: 17 | Registered: 29 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post