Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Custom Pattern Software User Groups  Hop To Forums  Greater Philadelphia (NJ, DE too)    Phila. pattern-drafting software and my own seaing...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Phila. pattern-drafting software and my own seaing...
 Login/Join

posted
...a brief chance to explore what computer-based pattern drafting
software can add to the sewing you now do - or wish you could.

The Custom-fit Software SIG of Philadelphia ASG invites you to a middle-of-Sunday-afternoon session to learn how pattern-drafting software can fit into your current sewing plans and, perhaps, help you move into new areas. We’re gathering in St. Davids from 2-4 p.m. on Sunday, October 26.

At this brief session, we’ll look at the various kinds of sewing you do currently (garments for yourself? kids' clothes? special-occasion things?) and explore lots of enhanced possibilities. Moving out of your established paths probably raises some questions:

Isn't software more expensive than store-bought patterns?
Not if you look at per-garment prices - and you can vary styles and sizes enormously. Karen Stevens (of blessed ASG memory) made the same style but custom-fit blouse for each of the 12 ringers in her church bell choir!)

Do I have to spend $$$ to try out a program? No, trial versions let you look on line and make fitting garments (slopers) before you buy.
Before you spend a dime, you can prove the fit for yourself and for others.

Isn't putting together patterns a drag? Come and watch it done - all you need is scissors, tape, a ruler, and a hole punch. (The size will be right, with whatever measurements you've entered.)

What NEW kinds of garments can I make? Halloween costumes, kids' school and scout uniforms, dance outfits, inexpensive scrubs, clothes for your family members who live far away, doll clothes...the possibilities are wide-ranging. If you don't want your kids to be walking billboards, you can make garments they choose and you consider appropriate.

Please come and explore the possibilities. Your assignment, should you choose to accept it, is to review your own personal sewing skills and needs, so you can ask how pattern-drafting software will fit in.

You don’t have to own any particular software to come to this meeting; we’re probably going to meet henceforth on Sunday afternoons. If you’re curious about how software can improve your garment design and fit, come and “talk sewing” with the Custom-fit Software group on Sunday, October 26, in St. Davids.

For driving directions, email marjjensen@aol.com. The meeting is a block off Rte. 30 and 1.5 mi. off I476; to come on the Paoli/Thorndale SEPTA train, ask for directions to walk a block and a half from the St. Davids station to the meeting. Please RSVP if you’re planning to come; we may be able to arrange transport/car-pooling, as needed.

Marj in Southeastern PA
DS Pro everything
MPD Pro current

Posts: 220 | Location: zipcode: 19087 | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post