Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Custom Pattern Software User Groups  Hop To Forums  Greater Philadelphia (NJ, DE too)    Phila. Custom-fit Software meeting in St. Davids Tuesday, Aug. 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Phila. Custom-fit Software meeting in St. Davids Tuesday, Aug. 12
 Login/Join

posted
Friends, we're planning to take a really different look at wardrobe planning, garment design, and pattern use at our upcoming meeting the Custom-fit Software SIG of Philadelphia ASG in St. Davids from about 10:30 a.m. till 3 p.m. on Tuesday, August 12, 1014.

In journalists' terms, it's the 5 Ws and an H:

What: a personal wardrobe from the fabrics you choose, the design features that suit you, and the garments that match your life style and gift-giving wishes

When: any time you want to use your sewing skills to create special garments - the "little princess" halloween costume for a niece, a cool pants suit for your job interview, a be-ribboned bedjacket for your ailing aunt

Who: you, with your ready-to-be-used sewing skills, making garments that precisely fit you and those for whom you sew

Where: in your space (using your own computer, printer, and sewing equipment) or gathering with sewing buddies to pool a library computer, a shared program, and a shared stash

Why: use automated tools so you print out and assemble patterns and cut out garments you can sew together and wear or give away, knowing they'll fit the intended user

How: measure specifically or use standard sizes, choose from dozens of patterns, and select options for everything from sleeve length to closure to design ease

The common key is the computer software we use to design one-of-a-kind, individually fitted garments of which any maker can be proud. When you turn the details of pattern design over to whichever type of software best meets your needs, you're on a great path!

You don’t have to own any particular software to come to Tuesday’s meeting. If you’re curious about how software can improve your garment design and fit (or bring you back to using the sewing skills you used to employ regularly), come and “talk sewing” with the Custom-fit Software group on Tuesday, August 12, in St. Davids.

As usual, we’ll go to a local diner (great quiche!) for lunch. For driving directions, email marjjensen@aol.com - the meeting is a block off Rte. 30 and 1.5 mi. off I476; to come on the Paoli/Thorndale SEPTA train, ask for directions to walk a block and a half from the St. Davids station to the meeting. Please RSVP if you’re planning to come; we may be able to arrange transport/car-pooling, as needed.

Marj in Southeastern PA
DS Pro everything
MPD Pro current

Posts: 220 | Location: zipcode: 19087 | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Marj,

I love getting your emails about the Phil software meetings and wish I could attend the one coming up. Can't make it due to constant traveling (not complaining--life is really good). Hopefully soon I can join you and make your meetings a regular part of my life. Thank you again.

Brenda M. Côté
Millsboro, DE

Posts: 17 | Location: Millsboro, DE | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post