Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pattern-drafting Software for Beginners
 Login/Join

posted
...for beginners at computer-based pattern drafting, that is - for people whose sewing skills are being wasted because they haven’t patterns that really fit.

The Custom-fit Software SIG of Philadelphia ASG invites you to a middle-of-Sunday-afternoon session to learn how current pattern-drafting software can help you easily turn out pants, blouses, and dresses that really fit you, instead of some 10-12-14 or 18-20-22 company-imagined person. We’re gathering in St. Davids from 2-4 p.m. on Sunday, September 22.

At this brief session, we’ll tackle some “beginner” questions:

Do I have to be a “standard” size? No, you’re you...and your patterns will be shaped just as your measurements dictate - skinny, fat, short, tall, in-between sizes, and all the variations.

Do I have to spend $$$ to try out a program? No, trial versions let you look on line and make fitting garments (slopers) before you buy.

Do I need lots of computer skills? No, just really basic stuff like pull-down menus.

Do the patterns have instructions? Help menus you can click on give you both basics and neat sewing tips.

Whether you want to compensate for size changes (up, down, or around), sew garments for yourself and also for others, or realize the neat garments you can visualize (bathing suit? scrubs? tailored pants suit?), please come and explore the possibilities.

You don’t have to own any particular software to come to this meeting; we’re considering options for future meeting times. If you’re curious about how software can improve your garment design and fit, come and “talk sewing” with the Custom-fit Software group on Sunday, September 21, in St. Davids.

For driving directions, email marjjensen@aol.com. The meeting is a block off Rte. 30 and 1.5 mi. off I476; to come on the Paoli/Thorndale SEPTA train, ask for directions to walk a block and a half from the St. Davids station to the meeting. Please RSVP if you’re planning to come; we may be able to arrange transport/car-pooling, as needed.

Marj in Southeastern PA
DS Pro everything
MPD Pro current

Posts: 220 | Location: zipcode: 19087 | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post